I, Pierre Rivi_re, Having Slaughtered My Mother, My Sister, and My Brother-- PDF
By:Michel Foucault
Published on 1975 by U of Nebraska Press
To free his father and himself from his mother's tyranny, Pierre Rivière decided to kill her. On June 3,1835, he went inside his small Normandy house with a pruning hook and cut to death his mother, his eighteen-year-old sister, and his seven-year-old brother. Then, in jail, he wrote a memoir to justify the whole gruesome tale. Michel Foucault, author of Madness and Civilization and Discipline and Punish, collected the relevant documents of the case, including medical and legal testimony, police records. and Rivière's memoir. The Rivière case, he points out, occurred at a time when many professions were contending for status and power. Medical authority was challenging law, branches of government were vying. Foucault's reconstruction of the case is a brilliant exploration of the roots of our contemporary views of madness, justice, and crime.
This Book was ranked at 18 by Google Books for keyword Généalogie, archéologie et autres disciplines.
Book ID of I, Pierre Rivi_re, Having Slaughtered My Mother, My Sister, and My Brother--'s Books is 5uRVWs6kbiYC, Book which was written byMichel Foucaulthave ETAG "Dz+Su/QZkxY"
Book which was published by U of Nebraska Press since 1975 have ISBNs, ISBN 13 Code is 9780803268579 and ISBN 10 Code is 0803268572
Reading Mode in Text Status is false and Reading Mode in Image Status is true
Book which have "288 Pages" is Printed at BOOK under CategoryLiterary Criticism
Book was written in en
eBook Version Availability Status at PDF is falseand in ePub is false
Book Preview
Download I, Pierre Rivi_re, Having Slaughtered My Mother, My Sister, and My Brother-- PDF Free
Download I, Pierre Rivi_re, Having Slaughtered My Mother, My Sister, and My Brother-- Books Free
Download I, Pierre Rivi_re, Having Slaughtered My Mother, My Sister, and My Brother-- Free
Download I, Pierre Rivi_re, Having Slaughtered My Mother, My Sister, and My Brother-- PDF
Download I, Pierre Rivi_re, Having Slaughtered My Mother, My Sister, and My Brother-- Books
No comments:
Post a Comment